TEMPORARY VISITATION POLICY, AS OF October 11, 2021:
Due to recent COVID positive cases, visitation at Van Rensselaer Manor is temporarily suspended. The COVID positive residents have been moved to the C1 unit and are under quarantine.
We are required to suspend visitation (except for “compassionate care visits” on non-affected units) until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed.
- All residents were re-tested Monday, October 10th, with PCR tests.
- Visitation can resume for residents on non-affected units if the current round of testing reveals no additional positive cases. We expect the results by the end of this week.
- Regardless of test results, unit C3 is closed until Oct. 24th and unit B3 is closed until Oct 25th.
- If additional positive cases are identified on other units, facility-wide visitation is suspended for at least 14 days (from date of the test) and until no additional cases are identified.
- All staff is required to get tested once a week until further notice.
- The Pfizer booster shot
was given to all eligible residents on Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Social Worker on your loved one’s unit, or the Director, Katherine Agard, at Ext. 410.